Yes, I realize I copied this idea from the blog that nominated me for my Liebster, but that is fine. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So, if you are completely lost on this post thus far, go check out Yesterday’s post and read that first.
I did not need much time to deliberate who I wanted to nominate I just needed the time away from work to be able to sit down and compose this post. As of now, I have completed steps one and two from the rules to accept a Liebster. Now for steps three and four. First, step three: You must nominate 5 – 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
And I nominate in random order:
1: http://paigezelinsky.wordpress.com/ This blog mind you, has more pictures than words. But pictures are good for you. They open your eyes to other places and ideas just as books do. Where a writer can use words to show how they feel or tell a story, a photographer or painter can do the same.
2. http://emmywellsblog.wordpress.com/ Almost everyone enjoys college. Those life long friends you meet, the parties you can’t remember. This is a blog that shares that college experience, from someone in college. Where better than to read about it than from the source itself.
3. http://theytoldmetofindrichhusband.com/ Not going to lie, I started to follow this blog because of the name. A friend of mine I met at college said this was why her parents sent her on to higher education. This blog has a little bit of everything, dating in a big city, the suburbs and of course a writer with two Ivy-League degrees.
4 http://chelschimesin.wordpress.com/ This blog holds a space near and dear to my heart. The blogger, a friend. The friend that convinced me to take my words off of paper and onto the internet. She blogs about the life of a twenty-something girl. Shares her poems, as well as the writing of friends. She has a unique voice and an interesting take on life.
5. http://h16m.wordpress.com/ Don’t let the age of this blogger fool you. I ran across her blog looking for some book reviews and book reviews I got. She even throws in some movie reviews. Her reading list is massive and ambitious, and with her drive, I see that list being completed sooner than she thinks.
6. http://restlesslyrandom.wordpress.com/ I tend to follow blogs based off on or two posts I see. Then I really begin to go back and look at the writing as a whole. This blog surprised me. The posts are sporadic. I wish the blogger shared more. But when she does, I take notice.
7. http://whenthesunwakes.wordpress.com/ I have never been a huge fan of poetry but this blog is different. You feel with the poet, you experience her happiness, sadness. When she grieves or longs for a loved one you’re right there with her. I guess this blog is the first poetry that has ever brought out emotions in me while I read.
Now for rule four: You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. If you could only read one book this year what book would it be and why?
2. What super power would you want to have most?
3. Why do you write?
4. e-book or real book?
5. Do you edit while your write or after the fact?
6. What book did you hate the first time you read it but loved it maybe after a second or third read?
7. When did you decide to become a writer?
8. How do you overcome writers block?
9. Movie or book? Whats one story Hollywood turned into a movie where you preferred the movie to the book?
10. What would be your quote to live life by? You only get one.